The Responsibilities of a Key Account Manager are:
- Maintain and grow a portfolio of existing accounts whilst developing new business.
- Work closely with our Director Head of Sales to further improve our product and service proposition.
- Achieve monthly targets across hire and training.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with our key customers.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our hire and training solutions.
- Forecast, track and report key account spends via established metrics.
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders.
Maintain a close relationship with the head office based Account Managers and operational team
Work towards being a product expert on all relevant Smiths Hire Products.
To be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation.
As a Key Account Manager you should have:
- Ability to build and maintain strong and long-lasting customer relationships.
- Previous experience of growing & retaining accounts whilst identifying and winning new business.
- Able to respond positively as lead contact to resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Proven account management experience from within the construction or the Plant Hire industry would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with a high level of attention to detail.
- Driven, organised and achievement focused.
- Excellent listening, negotiation, presentation and verbal/written communications skills.
- Good time management and organisational skills are a must.
- A ‘can do’ attitude with a flexible approach to work.
- Competitive salary (based on experience) + Car + Tablet & phone + Pension + Performance Bonus.
Please complete the form below to apply for the position of Key Accounts Manager.