As a Sales Hire Desk Controller you must
- A higher than average communication and sales skills.
- Strong organisational skills to effectively manage hire contracts, be able to identify problems, assess and resolve them.
- Good literacy, numeracy and computer skills.
- Exceptional level of customer service in all areas. You should have a confident, professional and outgoing manner to be able to deal with customers at all levels.
- Confidence in your ability and have a passion for selling.
- A full clean driving license.
- Telephone based sales and customer facing service experience.
- An excellent telephone manner and the ability to build rapport with customers.
- Strong administration skills and be computer literate.
- Manual handling awareness.
The main responsibilities of a Sales Hire Desk Controller
- Maximise sales by providing high levels of customer service in all areas including answering phones promptly, handling queries and orders efficiently and accurately.
- A hire controller serves on the depot counter providing a quick and accurate response to customer’s needs.
- Taking of orders, processing and following them through to completion.
- Arranging delivery and collection of orders in according with the customer’s requirements.
- Liaising, where required, with other depot employees, customers, depots, workshops and sales teams.
- Ensuring that all opportunities to maximise the depot and the groups sales to a customer are attained.
- Ensuring that all products hired to customers are safe and have been properly tested in accordance with company procedures.
- Processing all input to IT systems and paperwork relating to on-hires, off-hires and stock transfers, etc.
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of the depots equipment for hire/sale including basic knowledge of accessory, safety and test & run requirements.
- Keep the Depot Manager informed of any repairs and maintenance of equipment required.
- Handling of cash transaction.
- Keeping the depot, and in particular the hire desk area, tidy at all times.
- Maintaining product knowledge.
- Carry out other tasks and duties as required.
|Monday – Friday||08:00am – 17:00pm|
|Saturday||08:00am – 12:00pm on a rotational basis|
We are a forward thinking organisation and will provide training and development.
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications of individuals looking for work and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills. Smiths Equipment Hire is an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend an interview which will involve you providing a current passport, current driving licence, a proof of address and completing a full competency based interview.
Please complete the form below to apply for the position of Sales Desk Hire Controller.